Senior Software Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewCome join us at Motorola Solutions on the PremierOne Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) team. As a valued member of our software team, you will help drive solutions for our Public Safety customers including some of the largest 911 centers in the United States. Our products allow customers to respond effectively in mission-critical operating environments and we’re looking for world-class innovative and motivated engineers interested in building and maintaining software and systems that truly make a difference.
Work as a member of our software development team using modern Agile software development techniques to help drive and improve software solutions for our Public Safety customers. We are looking for talented and motivated engineers interested in building and maintaining software and systems that truly make a difference. This role will focus on the maintenance of existing applications and development to improve product quality and increase customer satisfaction. The work will primarily be focused on our on-premise product, but there is also an opportunity to work on our CAD in the Cloud Azure solution. Our team works closely with our customers and our customer support organization to evaluate, triage and improve our PremierOne CAD product’s functionality and performance.
- High level of proficiency developing C#/.NET applications in Visual Studio
- Very strong understanding of Object Oriented software design and development
- Experience developing applications utilizing Microsoft SQL Server database(s)
- Experience writing SQL stored procedures and performing query optimization is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft WCF a strong plus
- Good working knowledge of threading models and thread programming
- Experience with UI programming in C#/.NET
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong debugging skills, knowledge of WinDBG and ability to analyze core dumps a strong plus
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Able to work with other teams including offshore teams and the Customer Support organization
- Support and triage issues with customer and customer support with minimum supervision.
- Ability to evaluate software quality through the use of load testing, stress testing and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, ability to juggle priorities, and project follow through.
- BS in Computer Science (or related technical equivalent) or higher
- 3+ years of experience or equivalent
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.