Senior Software Engineer at Label Insight, a NielsenIQ Company
About the Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team is chock-full of smart, dedicated, and creative team members. Each one has a desire to experiment with new and unfamiliar technology to solve their cross-functional (XFN) team's business objectives. We're passionate about best practices and strive to follow standards laid out before us. The team is encouraged to get involved in the tech community by participating in open source projects, speaking at local meetups, and presenting at national and international conferences.
Who You Are:
You’re an innovator; you share our common interest in improving and scaling our existing architecture and systems. Your excellent communication skills are key when collaborating closely with Product, internal customers, and other engineers and data scientists to determine the best way to build products that meet their needs. You’re hungry for growth and with our Engineering Ladder you can visualize your career path. We are quality driven and you must be too. We expect that you’ll get involved and stay informed with the latest trends in technology and experiment with how to apply those to help consumers make more educated and healthier decisions.
Even if you don’t check all the criteria boxes, we encourage you to apply. We’re looking for people with diverse backgrounds, exceptional potential and a passion for their craft.
What you’ll do:
- Start the day collaborating with your XFN team and Product Manager during daily standups to discuss the current sprint and remove any roadblocks
- Build out an event driven, microservices architecture using both serverless technologies and RESTful, Spring Boot APIs (Java/Kotlin)
- Work on our infrastructure as code framework, using AWS services such as Lambda, ECS, Fargate, Step Functions, SNS/SQS, and Kinesis Firehose
- Model complex product data and work with multiple data stores, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and Elasticsearch
- Pair with and mentor other engineers to provide highly-valuable and innovative products to our customers
- Author architecture decision records and participate in whiteboarding sessions to demonstrate continual improvement of our engineering practices
- Meet weekly with your manager 1:1 to keep the lines of communication flowing and ensure your performance and development is on track
- Host a Lunch-and-Learn or Engineering Learning Session to showcase your expertise in a new technology or update the team on that tech meetup or conference you recently attended
We Share a Common Purpose:
Label Insight a NielsenIQ Company’s purpose is to empower consumers with the knowledge to improve their lives through better product choices. Our purpose keeps our team focused and aligned as we drive growth for our grocery retailer and CPG customers through unparalleled transparency.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. #LI-AK3
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.