Founded in 2014 and having grown to 126 global team members, we offer the industry’s first and only cloud-based, fully-customizable, end-to-end software solution to automate securities-based lending from origination through the life of the loan. By combining thought leadership in suitability and risk management with industry-leading education and the latest technology, Supernova enables advisors to deliver holistic, goals-based advice and to help their clients achieve financial wellness. We partner with the industry’s largest banks, most prominent insurance companies and leading online brokerages to democratize access to securities-based lending and better the entire financial ecosystem.
A Senior Software Developer delivers valuable technical solutions in time-sensitive situations, tackles problems, and implements new features to enhance Supernova’s securities-based line of credit products for our clients in an Agile environment.
- Lead complex multi-person technical projects from initial design to launch, identifying pitfalls and coaching colleagues along the way
- Design and build technical solutions that address complex home selling business requirements across current and new markets to help win the business
- Keep up with technology trends in the industry to identify opportunities to apply them to the team
- Better those around you by driving team efficiency improvements, mentoring teammates to strengthen individual skills and share your learning for building simple and effective user interfaces and APIs
- Help drive our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives
- Full-stack experience: 5+ years of experience as a software developer, working on both front and back-end features *Emphasis on back-end
- A proven track record: you've driven several complex multi-person projects to completion and can speak to the results
- Experience with Object Oriented development (C#, Java, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Architecture instincts: you know when to use pre-built technologies from proven companies like Google and AWS, and when it's time to build a tailored solution from the ground up
- You have the leadership skills and the patience to thoughtfully grow the developers around you
- Effective technical communication
- Experience in financial services industry preferred
OUR CORE VALUES
At Supernova, we...
- Form, execute, and communicate new ideas that add value to our employees and customers
- Strive through obstacles and failures
- Follow-through on promises or commitments to others, accept responsibility, and answer for actions & decisions
- Listen to, understand, and support our employees and customers
- Act with speed, positive attitude, and flexibility
- Exceed expectations and surpass ourselves every day; we embrace a sense of pride and never stop growing
Read Full Job Description