Senior Software Engineer
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 85,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user database. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
What Your Day Could Consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build and improve the ActiveCampaign platform, and drive with the team to design and build new features and advanced capabilities
- Optimize systems to improve stability, performance, and scalability
- Produce quality, tested code, and help define coding standards and best practices
- Ability to evaluate and communicate tradeoffs
- Keep informed on industry activity and advocate for new patterns or approaches when appropriate
- Mentor and grow fellow engineers
- Participate in external industry events and collaborations
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Drive to code reviews
What Is Needed:
- Extensive and proven experience with an object oriented language (PHP, Ruby, Java, Python, etc.) and a relational database. PHP experience is a plus
- Experience interacting with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (i.e., Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, RoR, Flask/Django)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus (i.e., Doctrine, Eloquent, ActiveRecord)
- Experience writing automated tests
- Care about the end user experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to take a general idea and add your own insight and tweaks to it
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description