Senior Software Engineer
What you'll be doing:
- You will analyze and understand business requirements, design, develop, and test high performant code in-line with the business requirements.
- You’ll create technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural artifacts.
- You will participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Most of your work will be in the middle tier/backend service layer of the architecture, but having some experience in various other layers of the software stack from the database to UI is always appreciated and may come in handy!
- Your work will be more independent and collaborative in nature with architects and senior engineers
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-7 years of hands on programming experience using Java.
- Ability to demonstrate experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Postgres
- Solid understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, MVC, Architectural Layers, etc.)
- You love problem solving and communicating with solutions.
- You are able to communicate complex information to different audiences.
- You make an impact and deliver results through your ability to effectively prioritize and manage project plans.
- You build upon the ideas of others and value diverse perspectives.
- You’re comfortable with the unknown: startup life allows for a broad, wide ranging role, but also means priorities and work can change quickly. You should be excited about all this entails!
What makes you stand out:
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks and experience working with QA automation engineers to help them implement testing strategies.
- Basic experience with cloud hosted applications on Amazon AWS including AWS EC2 instances, S3 storage management, Elastic Beanstalk, Simple Queue Service
- Experience with Git (Github / BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
- Full stack development experience
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Kanban, Scrum and Test-Driven Development.
- An internal drive to consistently stay up to date on current and next versions of technologies, thinking about how next versions can enhance the functionality of products.