Senior Software Engineer
What you'll be doing:
- You'll analyze and understand business requirements, design, develop, and test high performant code in-line with the business requirements.
- You’ll create technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural artifacts.
- You'll participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- You'll be predominantly working in the middle tier/backend service layer of the architecture, but if you have some some experience in various other layers of the software stack (from database to UI) it is always appreciated and may come in handy!
- Your work will be more independent and collaborative in nature with architects and senior engineers
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Programming, or a related field for entry into the position preferred
- 3-7 years of hands on programming experience using Java.
- Ability to demonstrate experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Postgres
- Solid understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, MVC, Architectural Layers, etc.)
- equally important...
- You love problem solving and communicating with solutions.
- You are able to communicate complex information to different audiences.
- You make an impact and deliver results through your ability to effectively prioritize and manage project plans.
- You build upon the ideas of others and value diverse perspectives.
- You’re comfortable with the unknown: startup life allows for a broad, wide ranging role, but also means priorities and work can change quickly. You should be excited about all this entails!
What makes you stand out:
- Basic experience with cloud hosted applications on Amazon AWS including AWS EC2 instances, S3 storage management, Elastic Beanstalk, Simple Queue Service
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Kanban, Scrum and Test-Driven Development.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks and experience working with QA automation engineers to help them implement testing strategies.
- Experience with Git (Github / BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
- Full stack development experience
- An internal drive to consistently stay up to date on current and next versions of technologies, thinking about how next versions can enhance the functionality of products.