Senior Software Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Scaling our service architecture and embracing approaches such as 12 factor, Microservices, and well formed APIs
- Designing and developing a new SMS/MMS based channel for new initiatives
- Designing and developing new application platforms
- Reviewing, recommending and implementing new technologies
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years’ experience writing production code for web applications. We love Polyglots who know several other languages and like the right tool for the job.
- Expertise in an object-oriented programming language, such as Java or Kotlin
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience working with web frameworks such as Spring, Bottle/Flask
- Experience using data in support of larger efforts, from reusing other services and APIs, writing new APIs, to streaming data for smarter online systems.
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Comfort with database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Comfort with key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications.
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology.
- Nice to haves: Experience working in AWS, Docker, Iterable, Twilio,
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.