Senior Software Engineer at CreditNinja
CreditNinja is a FinTech company founded in 2017 by veteran serial entrepreneurs who were part of the core team behind Enova (NYSE:ENVA), a leading publicly traded consumer financial services company. CreditNinja's mission is to provide hardworking Americans with financial solutions when unexpected expenses arise. Unlike traditional banks, CreditNinja works hard to ensure that people with less-than-perfect credit can have quick access to the money they need. Headquartered in downtown Chicago, we are a lean and innovative team seeking like-minded talent to help us disrupt the consumer finance industry.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be responsible for developing and maintaining our production platform. We are looking for someone who:
- Thrives under tight deadlines, vague requirements, and open ended projects.
- Believes unit tests are crucial, and doesn't mind writing them.
- Likes solving hard problems and isn't afraid to touch deployment processes.
- You are a developer who has 5+ years of Ruby, Node.JS or Go experience
- You have been in a professional development organization for 5+ years. If not, convince us that it doesn’t matter
- You are familiar with web and mobile toolkits (Rails, Sinatra, React)
- You have built, or are familiar with API’s and distributed architectures
- You understand SQL databases, and specifically PostgreSQL (and can write SQL by hand)
- You deeply care about what you are building and take ownership over the quality and delivery of the product
- At least a 4-year CS/CE/EE degree from a top engineering school (coding camps/academies do not count)
- 401k Match
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Casual dress policy
- Health and Wellness subsidy
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city. We also allow remote work from the Ukraine
- Equal opportunity employer