Senior Software Engineer
Our Digital team at OneMain has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a cooperative and inclusive environment with people who value hard work and fresh ideas. If a team member here has an idea for how we can improve our tech stack or methodologies, we want to hear it. This role is remote-friendly! Come work in our office in Downtown Chicago or from wherever suits you best.
You'll work as part of a full-stack agile development team to design and implement web applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
What you will do
- Design and implement large features for our API endpoints and customer-facing web applications.
- Identify requirements gaps and negotiate scope with stakeholders.
- Write automated tests and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Assist with verifying the features you developed are working successfully in production. We do multiple daily releases whenever features are ready.
- Become the subject matter expert for several areas of our applications.
- Guide other engineers to the right solutions.
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least 3 years' experience developing web applications with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with concurrent, service-oriented, and object-oriented programming
- Building and consuming RESTful API's
- Ability to independently identify solutions to problems
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in code with no prior context
- Ability to write SQL queries for troubleshooting and feature acceptance
- Experience working in Financial Services industry
- Experience working in a nimble and agile environment
- Worked with a TDD workflow
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.