Senior Software Engineer at Evive
Senior Software Engineer
Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. Since 2007, that spirit has defined our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a thorough Senior Software Engineer. Is it you?
Detail-oriented and determined to succeed, you’re enthusiastic about software design and have the experience to back it up. An inherent problem-solver, you foresee potential issues and know how to build an infrastructure that will avoid them. You respond well to feedback and actively seek it out to make improvements. You build large scale, distributed, fault tolerant systems and software, working in a team environment with product managers, designers, and other developers. You will play a critical role in modernizing the core platform services that drive our products, owning key systems and services. All product teams are global and move quickly using agile processes.
Here’s what a Senior Software Engineer does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Make code contributions to your team’s project in all phases of the software life cycle
- Work with product managers to understand the value and intent of features and proactively provides guidance based on potential implementation approaches
- Breaks down large, complex features and systems into smaller implementation slices and uses prototypes and iterations to de-risk unknowns
- Conducts code reviews and provides useful and actionable feedback
- Takes ownership of the products from prototype through production deployment and operations
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- All other duties as assigned
You bring a lot to the table.
- Strong experience writing production software with object oriented languages
- Strong experience building distributed systems
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases
- Experience building SaaS applications preferred
- Experience working in a CI/CD model preferred
- Experience working in AWS preferred
- A quality driven approach to software delivery
- Collaborative by nature with a strong desire to continuously improve teams and technology
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid time off—both for vacation and volunteering!
- Paid sick time
- One work-from-home day every week
- Employer-paid medical insurance
- Subsidized dental insurance
- Vision, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance
- Accident and critical illness insurance
- Employer-paid basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account (medical & dependent care)
- Student loan assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Gym reimbursement program
- Pet Insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.