Senior Software Engineer
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Amount is looking for a new Senior Software Engineer to join the Product Development team in Chicago. You will be responsible for implementing features in Ruby on the Loan Servicing application stack as we move towards a SoA architecture. Your day to day will include enhancing our accounting system, communicating with banks and credit card gateways, and enabling scale on our marketplace platform. You will also assist with the buildout of our exciting new Credit Card product. You must be a pragmatic generalist programmer who will not only help execute, but also one that will provide a strong voice for technological direction of the Loan Servicing team.
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience in Ruby, Python, or another language using a major web framework such as Rails, Django, or Sinatra
- 3+ years of experience using relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Professional experience working with service based architectures in backend applications
- Professional experience migrating from a monolithic application to service based architecture
- Professional experience working at scale with significant data flow
- Knowledge of development tool creation and application architecture design
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 10 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!
Read Full Job Description