Senior Software Engineer at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
Depending on the team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with business and technology teams on trading strategy implementations.
- Developing core systems like messaging architecture/systems and/or end user applications around portfolio risk and data analysis that help support the activities of various middle and back-office operations as well as trading tools/platforms.
- Performing manual and automated testing to confirm application behavior.
- Optimizing and monitoring critical path performance.
- Troubleshooting production issues quickly and efficiently.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in Java, Go, or Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and flexibility working with different technologies
- Familiarity with Linux platform
All of our developers have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Senior Software Engineer, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program