Senior Software Engineer
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. Nearly one third of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
We are looking for an ambitious senior engineer with a deep desire to learn and develop software that improves people’s lives. If you’re passionate about developing the best software and collaborating with other developers to do so, then we want to hear from you!
You will enhance our SaaS solution, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. You will get to work on the latest software practices and technologies such as microservices architecture, cloud design patterns, automated CI/CD pipeline, automated and orchestrated Dockerized delivery, and AWS platform. Above all, your work will impact people’s interactions with the healthcare system.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Collaborate on architectural decisions and design best practices
- Design and implement new features into the HealthJoy platform
- Collaborate with engineering and product team members to improve quality and velocity
- Creating a scalable solution to serve our growing user base
What You’ll Need
- A few years of experience building and shipping scalable applications in Python
- At ease in the AWS ecosystem
- Track record of developing on backend frameworks such as Asyncio, Aiohttp, Flask, SQLAlchemy, or equivalent
- Experience participating in the architecture and design of new and existing products
- High commitment to quality, monitoring, and support
- Insatiable curiosity to learn new software principles, technologies, and tools
- Passionate in collaborating with developers and testers; distributed team experience will be a plus
- Experience in Frontend frameworks React, Angular, or Redux will be a plus
- Medical benefits with generous employer contribution + dental and vision
- HSA with annual company contribution
- Stock options
- Pre-Taxed Transit
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
- Access to the HealthJoy app
- Quarterly volunteer events
- Weekly Instacart orders and catered lunches every Friday
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.