Senior Software Engineer at OneMain Financial
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Our Digital team at OneMain Financial has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas. If a team member has an idea about improving our tech stack, our methodologies, or anything else, we want to hear it!
We are growing our team in downtown Chicago and currently seeking a Software Engineer.
You'll work as part of a full-stack agile development team to design and implement web applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
What you will do
- Design and implement large features for our API endpoints and customer-facing web applications.
- Identify requirements gaps and negotiate scope with stakeholders.
- Write automated tests and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Assist with verifying the features you developed are working successfully in production. We do multiple daily releases whenever features are ready.
- Become the subject matter expert for several areas of our applications.
- Guide other engineers to the right solutions.
Skills and experience you’ll need
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing web applications with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with concurrent, service-oriented, and object-oriented programming
- Building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Ability to independently identify solutions to problems
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in code with no prior context
- Ability to write SQL queries for troubleshooting and feature acceptance
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in Financial Services industry
- Experience working in a nimble and agile environment
- Worked with a TDD workflow
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.