Senior Software Engineer at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As a Senior Firmware Security Engineer, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Meraki users all around the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about building secure embedded devices.
- Build critical security features spanning our entire product portfolio, such as:
- Full disk encryption
- Trusted computing module services
- Memory-management solutions
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to design, review, and develop solutions that give our customers optimal and secure products
- Perform security architecture and design review of new products and features
- Mentor junior team members on secure software development best Practices
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our product engineering teams, providing them guidance based on up-to-date security industry best practices
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience programming in C or C++
- Have experience building secure embedded Linux systems
- Enjoy working across teams to improve the security posture of products and features
- Are excited to champion security as a first-class concern
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Secure Boot or Trusted Platform Modules (TPM)
- Experience with championing a Secure Development Lifecycle
At Meraki we are driven by the desire to make managing sophisticated networks simple. Our firmware combined with a web-based dashboard allows customers to manage enterprise scale networks using a simple point and click interface. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. We believe in fostering a positive culture by hiring, coaching, and empowering smart, helpful, humble people. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. Finally, we maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe—including an awesome office overlooking the Bay Bridge, stocked full of food and drinks.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.