At Morningstar, helping investors is what brings us together and drives our work. We are looking for a software engineer who specialize in.Net and AWS development to join our team, grow with us, introduce us to new ideas and develop products that empower our users. Every day, you’ll partner with team members across disciplines developing products for investors. You’ll interact daily with product managers, and business stakeholders to understand our domain and create technical solutions that push us forward. You will be a member of a vibrant technical community and share your technical knowledge while also learning from your fellow technologist. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Build well designed, well-engineered, stable, secure, scalable products
- Follow software design best practices such as continuous integration, test-driven development, and regular deployments.
- Be passionate about technology and willing to learn and advocate for use of new technologies and software practices, as appropriate.
- Work as part of a team and take ownership for the team’s success with a "gets things done" attitude, potentially wearing many hats including business analyst, DBA, QA, and project manager.
- Help to shape product vision.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- Five plus years of experience developing commercial quality applications.
- Experience with web API design and RESTful web services and ASP.Net frameworks.
- Strong C# programming skills.
- Working knowledge of messaging (Kafka, AWS SQS/Kinesis) and relational databases (SQL Server, AWS Aurora, MySQL, Postgres) technologies.
- AWS certification and/or practical experience with AWS is a plus.
- Knowledge of modern front-end technologies a plus (Vue, React, Angular, Web Components).
- Experience with software engineering best practices, including test driven development, automated unit testing and functional testing, and DevOps and continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- An understanding of security principles and how to create secure applications.
- Knowledge and practical experience with domain modeling and object-oriented design patterns and principles, such as the SOLID principles.
- Flexible team-player who remains organized and productive even having multiple deliverables.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity