Senior Staff Software Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
- As a Senior Staff Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Cloud Platform group building Cloud Infrastructure Services and APIs to manage the full lifecycle of application and database code. Performance, reliability, scalability, and high availability are always at the core of our work.
To be successful in this role you have:
Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and systems quickly
• 10+ years of experience with Java or a similar OO language
• Comfortable using both compiled and interpreted languages
• Advance -Expert level understanding of Centos and installing & maintaining services.
• Demonstrated success working independently and as a team to complete complex projects, on time
• Experience developing, building, and maintaining a platform for a large-scale Enterprise Application with 10,000+ physical hosts
• Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, and various intermittent failures across the stack
• Ability to deal with interruptions and adapt to changing priorities within the team.
• Exceptional debugging, testing, and critical thinking & problem solving skills
• Familiarity with a Linux command prompt for both administration and shell scripting
• Expertise with source control systems and tools such as git and maven
• Experience working in an DevOps environment
• Experience with Kubernetes
• Experience working in an internal customer focused environment
• Loves database technologies with experience developing, troubleshooting, and optimizing relational databases including Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, MS SQLServer, as well as time series database technologies.
• Familiarity with Puppet, Jenkins, Vagrant, VirtualBox, and RubyMine are a plus
• Familiarity with Cloud Technologies - OpenStack, AWS, or Azure- are a plus
• Already adjudicated or willing to be adjudicated
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.