We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Senior System Engineer you will be a line of defense ensuring that our product, RelativityOne, provides the very best positive customer experience by maintaining SLA (service level agreements) and SLO (service level objective) metrics for uptime and throughput!
You will provide level 1 and level 2 tier support to shared services and tenant components while monitoring, maintaining, and managing the RelativityOne SaaS environment and supporting infrastructure. In addition, you will also execute and troubleshoot change requests and develop and maintain automation processes to improve inefficiencies and simplify complex problems.
- Deploy new releases of the Relativity SaaS software to production environments.
- Maintain the production environments and complete maintenance window related tasks for our production environments.
- Handles Microsoft SQL related changes for the production environments.
- Develops and maintains customs scripts or automation towards through the reduction of toil
- Act as L2 or L3 escalation resource for our customer related teams.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer related incidents, service requests, and information requests while maintaining desired SLA or SLO metrics.
- Acknowledge, respond, and resolve monitoring incidents to proactively and reactively solve RelativityOne incidents.
- Document, maintain, and update our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of system availability.
- Maintain security, backup, and disaster recovery/business continuity strategies.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide on-call support
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness.
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment.
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks.
- Act in the interest of the overall team.
- Understand the needs of our customers. .
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Systems Administration, Information Systems, or Computer Science or professional experience equivalent
- 3 + years supporting and maintaining SaaS environments that host commercial-grade systems and applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell, Python, or other automation and scripting languages is a plus
- Knowledge with Jenkins and Chef
- Experience with utility cloud software
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL query skills
- Knowledge with Docker/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Windows Systems Administration is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux Systems Administration is a plus
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Ability to contribute to a motivating environment that instills accountability
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience troubleshooting software and cloud or SaaS technologies
- Experience with No-SQL solutions is a plus
- Experience or certifications for ITIL processes is a plus
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.