If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
Develops, designs, evaluates, and/or modifies systems consistent with customer and regulatory requirements. Develops system architecture, and ensures the integrity of the architecture/design. Systems Engineers handle the software configuration to make sure everything works given the various customer configurations.
The Senior Systems Engineer will take responsibility for and oversee all technical aspects of an assigned project from award until system acceptance.
Job Duties Include:
- Final Design and implementation of the radio network including infrastructure, subscribers and mobile backhaul Customer presentations
- System staging
- System acceptance testing
- Radio coverage testing and interference mitigation
- Radio system licensing (ISED)
- Preparation of system fleet-map, encryption and radio programming templates·
- Complete system documentation
- Live system upgrades
- Develops, designs, evaluates, and/or modifies systems consistent with customer and regulatory requirements
- Develops system architecture, and ensures the integrity of the architecture/design
Local travel is required for all project phases, from design through final acceptance.
- Experience/knowledge in radio communication systems, radio propagation, RF, wireless or broadband/LTE highly desirable
- Experience, good understanding, and working knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies & troubleshooting (Ethernet, TCP/IP, L2/L3, MPLS) highly desirable
- Certifications through CompTIA Network+, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Nokia NRS1, CCNA or similar, highly desirable
- Previous knowledge and experience working with some or all of Juniper, Aviat, Cisco, Nokia/Alcatel, Xtreme, Ceragon, highly desirable
- Experience directly working with end-user customers
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to nontechnical audiences.
- Experience/knowledge in line of sight microwave propagation desirable
- Experienced technical professional (Professional Engineer) with multiple years of experience in Communications Systems design and deployment - along with the following mandatory requirements:
- The ability to present confidently and persuasively to internal and external customer
- A solid understanding of communications systems and the Project Management environment
- Fluency with written and spoken English
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, IT or Networking
- 5+ years of Engineering or Wireless Communications experience
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.