Senior Technical Evangelist
Cisco Meraki is seeking a passionate and seasoned network engineer or trainer as a Senior Technical Evangelist to help build and develop our technical training programs worldwide.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise in training program strategy and development. You will serve as a subject matter expert for pre/post-sales engineers and the Meraki Technical Evangelist team. You will assess training needs, design technical training materials, facilitate training sessions, and help shape the direction of Meraki technical training.
Technical evangelism at Meraki is more than just training on technical content. A Technical Evangelist should inspire people to think differently about how they approach, sell, and manage enterprise technology. You will be in a highly visible role on a rapidly growing team at the forefront of cloud networking. An ideal candidate will have deep networking and systems knowledge and experience, excellent communication skills, creativity, and a passion for teaching others about technology. Responsibilities:
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term training goals
- Design, develop, and distribute training tools and resources such as standard operating procedures, reference guides, presentations, and other end-user documentation
- Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other instructional technologies, simulators, conferences and workshops
- Collaborate with other Training & Evangelism, engineering, product, and leadership resources to build highly scalable and compelling training documentation and labs
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle
- Serve as a senior technical resource for the Technical Evangelist team
- Comprehensive technical expertise in the areas of network and system engineering, Windows domain management, and virtualization environments (VMWare)
- Demonstrated project and program management - ability to plan, identify, coordinate, and track critical activities, milestones and deliverables with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills in training needs analysis, program and curriculum development, instructional design, training delivery, and training evaluation methods
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and facilitating successful project outcomes
- Assured and articulate public speaking skills in front of large and diverse technical audiences
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role (sales engineer, network/systems engineer, technical marketing, technical training, etc.)
- Preferred certifications include: CCNP (R&S, Security, Wireless, Design), VCP(X)-DCV, VCP(X)-NV, MCSA, MCSE, CMNA
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Meraki hardware and services highly desired
- Previous experience in a training, pre-sales, and/or learning & development role highly desired
- Excitement about traveling 20%+ to facilitate training sessions
- Strong English is required
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.