Senior Technical Evangelist at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki is seeking a hardworking and experienced network engineer and trainer to help build and develop our technical training programs worldwide.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise in training program strategy and development. You will serve as a subject matter expert for pre/post-sales engineers and the Meraki Technical Evangelist team. You will assess training needs, design technical training materials, facilitate training sessions, and help shape the direction of Meraki's technical trainings.
The Senior Technical Evangelist at Meraki is more than just a trainer on technical content. You will inspire people to think differently about how they approach, sell, and manage the technology. You will be part of a highly visible and rapidly growing team at the forefront of cloud networking. An ideal candidate will have deep networking and systems knowledge and experience, excellent communication skills, creativity, and a real passion for teaching others about technology.What you will do:
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term training goals
- Design, develop, and distribute training tools and resources such as standard operating procedures, reference guides, presentations, and other end-user documentation
- Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other instructional technologies, simulators, conferences and workshops
- Collaborate with other Training & Evangelism, engineering, product, and leadership resources to build highly scalable and compelling training documentation and labs
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle
- Comprehensive technical knowledge in the areas of network and system engineering, Windows domain management, and virtualization environments
- Project and program management skills- ability to plan, identify, coordinate, and track critical activities, milestones and deliverables with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills in training needs analysis, program and curriculum development, instructional design, training delivery, and training evaluation methods
- Assured and articulate public speaking skills in front of large and diverse technical audiences
- 5+ years in a technical role (sales engineer, network/systems engineer, technical marketing, technical training, etc.)
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Meraki hardware and services
- Previous experience in a training, pre-sales, and/or learning & development role
- Excitement about traveling 20%+ to facilitate trainings
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.