Senior Technical Specialist - Specialty Lines & Heavy Equipment
Snapsheet is revolutionizing the insurance industry by building software and service solutions that make our clients’ lives easier.
As a Sr Technical Specialist at Snapsheet you will serve as a lead advisor to our staff of estimating professionals for real-time technical knowledge surrounding OEM procedures, ADAS, and specialty vehicle inquiries. You are a problem solver and a forward thinker utilizing your personal technical knowledge, published OE procedures, position statements, and other trusted resources to not only advise our staff on technical decisions, but also work with our Learning & Development Team to construct training for our staff. By establishing cross-functional relationships you not only act as a voice for our Estimating Operations and core business, but allow us to proactively build for the future. As a strong leader, you coach our team to success working together to build a stronger Snapsheet. At the heart of it, you are solutions oriented and have the drive to leave things better than you found them.
- Lead Material Damage Desk that fields live technical inquiries from estimating staff and provide direction on estimating and claim decisions
- Conduct independent research on complex technical inquiries, evaluate partner with L&D team in identifying training opportunities and act as SME in the creation of content
- Perform both live and closed file audits on specialty vehicle claims and partner with the Quality team in the build-out of Quality program and support necessary auditor up training
- Translate early findings to work with Estimating Operations Management, QA, Learning and Development, Talent and more ensuring our best practices, file handling guidelines, estimating resources, training, and more are well communicated, understood, and adopted by our Estimating Operations.
- Create the right feedback loops from various internal and external groups as we iterate on SOP and guidelines and establish measurement of success.
- Attend technical trainings, seminars, and industry conferences to identify emerging technology, collision repair etc. Partner with ops to identify and define impact. Partner with L&D to create micr learnings to uplift skill of estimating team.
Qualification & Experience
- 8+ years of experience and success in auto insurance claims or the collision repair industry
- Extensive knowledge of specialty vehicle (motorcycle, RV, Semi-truck, heavy equipment) construction and repair
- Excellent understanding of the processes and procedures in the following areas: structural damage, frame repair, refinishing, body repair and potential issues that may arise based on initial damages
- Thorough understanding of claim policies & procedures
- Proficient in one of more estimating systems (CCC, Audatex, Mitchell)
- Ability to independently solve complex material damage issues
- Proficient understanding of insurance regulations as it relates to material damage claims
- Preferred to have industry-related certifications (i.e. ASE Certification, I-CAR Gold/Platinum Certified)
- Proven experience leading and advising a team to success
- The mentality to do what's best for the product and our customers
- Comfortable making decisions while self sourcing information
- Eagerness to jump in and help anyone
- Action-oriented: A penchant for outperforming and getting things done
- Extremely resourceful and superior decision-making skills
- Exceptional natural and effective communication skills
- Persistent, dependable and always a step ahead
- Vision and Creativity: This company was founded on a creative idea. Innovation is at the core of who we are.
- Passionate about success: We need a leader who understands that preparation and hard work matter, who knows how to win, and has a contagious, positive attitude, even when we are under pressure.