Senior Windows Systems Engineer
What we need:
TransUnion works with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze, and deliver critical information needed to build strong economies around the world. We help 45,000+ businesses manage risk, and 500 million consumers understand and manage credit.
To do this, we rely on a server infrastructure that’s critical to the business. As the Sr. Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of the Windows infrastructure for the corporate campus in Chicago and field locations around the world. You will define, maintain, communicate, and implement standards consistent with established architecture and strategy.
Impact you’ll make:
· Participate in a cross-functional Agile project teams in designing and implementing Microsoft solutions to our customers.
· Pilot, test, review and implement new products and technologies that enable us to grow and innovate.
· Create ideas to improve, automate, and simplify Windows operations to support operational teams.
· Administer Microsoft SCCM to support software deployments and monthly patching operations.
· Troubleshoot complex problems and provide analysis on performance and stability.
What you’ll bring:
· 3+ years of strong Windows Server implementation, troubleshooting and support (2008, 2012, and 2016).
· 2+ years of PowerShell/PowerCLI scripting and automation.
· 1+ years of VMware administration
· Microsoft Clustering and SQL Server
· SCCM Administration and software packaging
What we love to see:
· vRealize Orchestrator (VRO), vRealize Automation (VRA) or similar orchestration tool
· Desired State Configuration (DSC)
· VCP, MCITP, AWS, Azure certifications or equivalent experience
· Splunk searches and dashboards, SCOM monitoring tuning.
· General Linux understanding
Who we are:
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information.
Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find new ways information can be used for good. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.