Service Delivery Manager
Service Delivery Manager
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Performance Services team executes our “run” offering on behalf of our clients. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Service Delivery Manager (SDM) to join our Performance Services team to execute and oversee the West Monroe Partners’ managed services delivered to clients. This position’s primary responsibility will be to proactively own the relationship between the client(s) and West Monroe Partners. The SDM will ensure the Performance Services team delivers the agreed upon services to clients, ensure clients expectations are properly managed, assist with technical architecture and strategy, be an escalation point, and look for opportunities to sell additional projects. An on-call rotation is associated with this position.
SDM’s at West Monroe Partners have three primary areas of responsibility:
* Develop consistent long-term partnerships with customers to ensure mutual success and value realization
* Day-to-day management of technically complex and demanding customer accounts
* Understand short and long-term customer goals and objectives and recommend additional technical solutions and/or West Monroe Partners services
* Assist the Performance Services support team in modifying and executing an overarching support strategy
* Regularly communicate with assigned accounts, including weekly status and ad-hoc meetings/calls, to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately
* Accountability of delivering against agreed upon service levels agreements and overall service delivery of operational activities.
* Management of client issues, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Management and coordination of technical resources during an outage and coordination of proactive maintenance.
* Identify and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating
* Manage, communicate and report on project and issue resolution status to stakeholders, including C-level executives. This includes weekly status reports and development of a monthly report focused on overall service (Number of tickets, status of tickets, SLAs for response and resolution, availability of infrastructure, etc.).
* Effectively interact with, mentor and manage teams of analysts and engineers to ensure all client service levels are maintained and client projects are completed on time and budget
* Understand the underlying technologies being used on a client and/or project to be able to provide project management over technical implementation projects.
* Point of escalation for client management
* Identify strengths and issues; drive and develop better behavior to create strong analysts and engineers
* Participate actively in the recruiting process
* Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies, processes and approaches to client delivery
* Coach and manage analysts and engineers and actively participate in the performance expectation process
* Help initiate and lead business development meetings with prospective clients, including leading Request for Proposal (RFP) processes
* Understand business needs and requirements of existing clients and help turn those goals into projects and detailed proposals
* Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
* Assisting and positioning other WMP services to Performance Services clients
* Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, MIS, Business or similar degree
* 6 + total years of progressively responsible roles relating to technical services and client-facing in the consulting or managed services industry
* 2+ years as a client-facing manager in the consulting or managed services industry
* Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
* Must have experience managing a variety of teams, including small engagements as well as large initiatives. Should have experience estimating project work and cost
* Must have a desire and to develop new business and manage client relationships
* Has experience or proficiency with finance and technology projects and has “been there, done that” experience
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Passion for client service and creating great client experiences, with an attitude of “going above and beyond” to exceed expectations
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
* Experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to be able to assist in selling work to clients
* Must have firm understanding of infrastructure and application development technologies, including Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare and Citrix virtualization technologies, networking knowledge, storage and backup solutions, anti-virus programs and experience supporting custom third party applications
* Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systemic fashion
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.