The primary responsibilities of the Business Application Administrator will be administer and develop ServiceNow into an automation hub for IT and the Business. This will include development, administration, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of the ServiceNow platform as well as supporting key applications including which may include GRC, CSM, ITSM, PPM, CMDB, Discovery, Event Management and Orchestration. The Business Application Administrator reports directly to the Business Application Delivery Manager.
- Customize ServiceNow configurations, including custom scripts, workflows, and orchestration activities
- Develop external application integrations using Web Services, as well as communication through the MID server using PowerShell, Node.js, and JDBC
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation, making use of the knowledgebase module within ServiceNow.
- Utilizes available programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Work with business & IT users to identify and refine business requirements and workflows, as well as determine where ServiceNow can fit into business processes to improve services
- Activate plugins, work with UI & data policies, business rules, access control levels, alerts & notifications, import & update sets
- Create ServiceNow reports, dashboards & homepages. Utilize Performance Analytics to collect historical data.
- Coordinate application and platform upgrades across multiple instances
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, staff, and other employees so that issues are well understood, as they are resolved
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Services or related field
- ServiceNow System Administration certification and/or ServiceNow Application Development certification
- Exposure to ITIL v3, specifically in the area of incident, problem & change, ITIL v.3 Foundations certification preferred
- 2+ years' experience as a ServiceNow Administrator or ServiceNow Developer, configuring core Service Now ITSM, ITOM, CSM, GRC and PPM applications
- Experience with SOX compliance