ServiceNow Developer at Alliant Credit Union (Chicago, IL)
Responsible for core system configuration and development, gathering and documenting user and process requirements, functional requirements, and developing technical requirements. Develop workflow customizations, and support the Service transformation teams. Understand Service Now functionality and how ITIL processes are implemented in Service Now including but not limited to Incident Management, Change Management, Problem, CMDB Management, Service Catalog, and Problem Management modules.
- Customize Service Now applications and facilitate rollout of new applications and modules and configure Application UI and Configure Workflow
- Collaborate effectively with other administrators to develop solutions and handle general updates and configuration changes/requests
- Conduct detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities
- Ensure the latest release of application is implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption to IT operations
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the processes, standards, policies, working methods, and tools
- Ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place to have a development/production environment that is reliable and reproducible
- Ensure tool configuration consistency across development, stage, testing, sandbox, and production environments
- Gather and document user and process requirements, functional requirements, and develop technical requirements
- Develop workflow customizations, and support the transformation teams
- Identify problems related to primary financial software and determine corrective action
- Work with other team members such as the Service Desk and/or Application Support to troubleshoot complex problems and user issues
- Train team members and users on operational procedures and processes
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives. The responsibilities listed do not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related - Minimum
2+ Years' of Experience in Development, Configuration, Agile Delivery Methodologies, C lient/Server, Applications System Architectures, Migration, ITIL or Related
Experience in Lieu of Education:
6+ Years' of Experience in Configuring Service Now
Service Now certification - Preferred
- Knowledge of loading data into ServiceNow using import sets
- Knowledge of Integrating External Web services and SOAP based Web services, API and emails Written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Project management and time-management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical management and staff will understand
- Focus on quality and attention to detail
When you're happy, we're happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you'll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
Still not convinced?
For more details you can also visit our Glassdoor and LinkedIn profiles.