Site Reliability Engineer (1st Shift)
Shift: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm
What you'll be doing:
In this role, you will help the team transition from an operational heavy focus to a blend of ops, proactive investigation, and defining best practices as we participate in defining the company’s shift to a true DevOps culture.
Our future state will present opportunities to directly advise and address on operational issues for our most important product lines, and you’ll have the ability to set guidelines and best practices with wide ranging impact to operational stability and performance.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Troubleshoot issues and discrepancies with the appropriate individuals, teams, or vendors
- Handle operational requests on a day to day basis
- Monitor the availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of all services
- Assist with major incidents from identification and troubleshooting through to service restoration
- Participate in the team’s periodic on-call rotation
- Champion best practices and create frameworks to drive stable and scalable products
- Continued curiosity regarding new technologies and evolving best practices
- Work closely with SE and Product teams to advise on sound operational strategies
What you should have:
- Experience with devops as a culture
- Working knowledge of Ruby, Python, Java, or Go
- Ability to write accurate and efficient SQL queries
- Experience troubleshooting ambiguous problems and performing root cause analysis
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure (Linux, network technologies, relational databases, web technologies, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Previous e-commerce experience
- Experience with monitoring and metrics software for RCAs and performance trending, such as (but not limited to) Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, and Grafana
- An understanding of virtualization platforms like OpenStack, Amazon AWS, VMWare and Xen
About our team:
The SRE team prides itself on the breadth and depth of knowledge it maintains in understanding and orchestrating crucial operational activities across the portfolio of businesses within Enova. We work closely with key departments to resolve customer facing issues, assist with root-cause analysis, and continuously look for ways to improve overall system performance while supporting our Call Center with technical product issues.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.