Shift Schedule: 9am-5pm CST (Monday-Friday)
About the role:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will maintain the stability of our business from a technology and operational standpoint, and will drive its rapid improvement and efficiency by implementing automated tools, evaluating processes, troubleshooting and resolving complex problems. You will collaborate with IT, Software Engineering, and product teams to resolve operation issues, as well as lead projects and build creative solutions for our teams. You will be applying DevOps principles to manage the platform and applications, and help drive functionality and adoption through continuous improvement, simplification, and automation. You will join a team of fellow SRE and Observability engineers, working together to make Enova’s reliability best of breed.
What you'll be doing:
- Troubleshoot issues and discrepancies with the appropriate individuals, teams or vendors.
- Handle operational requests on a day to day basis.
- Monitor the availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of all services.
- Assist with major incidents from identification and troubleshooting through to service restoration.
- Participate in the team’s periodic on-call rotation.
- Champion best practices and create frameworks to drive stable and scalable products.
- Continuous learning on new technologies and evolving best practices.
- Work closely with Software Engineering and Product teams to advise on sound operational strategies.
We're excited about you if you have:
- Experience with DevOps as a culture.
- Working knowledge of Ruby, Python, Java or Go.
- Ability to write accurate and efficient SQL queries.
- Experience troubleshooting ambiguous problems and performing root cause analysis.
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure such as Linux, network technologies, relational databases and web technologies.
Nice to have:
- Previous e-commerce experience.
- Experience with monitoring and metrics software for RCAs and performance trending such as Splunk, DataDog and Grafana.
- An understanding of virtualization platforms such as OpenStack, VMWare and Xen.
- Familiarity managing infrastructure using Chef and Terraform.
- Experience with AWS services.
About our Site Reliability Engineering team:
The SRE team is uniquely positioned as the champion and guardian of Technology’s operational excellence at Enova, ensuring all business-critical systems and processes are functioning correctly (available and performant) for successful enterprise operations. This team is part of the TechOps organization which sits in the Chicago office. The SRE team has great exposure to many departments and technologies at Enova allowing for involvement in varied and diverse technology initiatives.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.