At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients. We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a hands-on Software Architect to lead the design, development, delivery, and management of technology-based business solutions for diverse clients. The position will focus on coding, testing, and implementing new features and configuration changes; leading the design and full-stack architecture of software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements; and providing project management/software due diligence expertise. The architect will work directly with multiple clients across various industries as a member of our Software Engineering practice. As a technology agnostic firm, they will also have the opportunity to continuously expand their skillset while working with cutting edge tools.
- Interact with key decision makers (CTO, Tech VPs, etc.) at our clients to understand their vision, gather requirements, and offer relevant insight based on experience in the field
- Work in a collaborative team setting to support our clients and help solve their business problems through analysis of existing systems, applications, and processes
- Architect and develop software solutions across full lifecycle Agile projects – requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation, and rollout
- Own the flexibility to be creative and have an impact on designs with a “blank slate” development mentality within the general boundaries of clients’ expectations
- Build highly interactive and customized web, desktop, and/or mobile front-end and back-end applications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 7-11+ years of experience in full-stack software architecture and development with preferred skills in:
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core – or – Java/Python/Scala etc.
- Entity Framework and various APIs
- SQL Server, Azure, AWS, open source tools
- Deep understanding of software engineering concepts (requirements, development methodologies, testing and documentation) and how technology applies to business concepts
- Expert level understanding of object-oriented design and development concepts
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, collaborative Agile/Scrum project environment
- Desire and ability to lead teams of ~2-4+ software engineering consultants
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements - COVID-19 permitting
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.