Software Architect at Clearcover
We're looking for a full-time Technical Architect to help build and evolve our technology platform. The ideal candidate has solid knowledge of distributed systems, API design, messaging architectures, web technologies, and data platforms. This is a senior technical position that is expected to provide technical guidance and work with development teams across all areas of our platform.
What will you do?
- Lead high-level decision making for software development and oversee the “big picture” software architecture.
- Design and communicate the application architecture required to support across multiple teams and systems.
- Communicate technical direction and vision to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Use domain-driven design to understand behaviors and dependencies among systems in order to identify an optimal breakdown into modular, reusable business services.
- Serve as technical leader and individual contributor by providing collaboration, direction, and assistance to development teams in data modeling, technical design, and development as needed.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Clearcover’s architectural principles, policies, best practices, and standards.
- Drive best practices for scaling, observability, reliability, and security.
- Mentor and educate other team members to help improve their skills and elevate the software organization.
What do you have?
- 10+ years of experience and expertise in one or more of the following: Kotlin/Java/Scala, Typescript, Ruby, React, React Native.
- Experience with cloud services and container technologies (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Extensive experience working with distributed enterprise software platforms.
- Experience in building and operating highly available distributed service architectures.
- Solid understanding of distributed transaction patterns, messaging patterns, and approaches to building flexible, scalable, highly-performant, extensible, and testable systems.
- Delivering complex event-driven architectures using Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Strong experience in API design (REST and RPC), using OpenAPI, protobuf, Avro, etc.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Experience leading development teams.
- Experience with project management.
- Must have exceptional analytical skills and strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social (for once we’re back in the office)
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.