At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOn any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
The Motorola Solutions Devices CONNECT Team designs world class end-to-end solutions for public safety, commercial and consumer markets. The team specializes in utilizing mission critical radio technologies such as APCO P25, TETRA, DMR and LTE along with cutting edge industry technologies such as Android, Wearables, Advance Audio, Connectivity and Software to build solutions for our customers. We create world class accessories, wearables and companion device as part of the Eco-system for our enterprise, commercial and public safety industry
The software architect role will report to the Director of Engineering in the CONNECT device organization. The right applicant will fulfill a critical role in the development of our new smart products by gathering customer inputs, prioritizing technology roadmap and partnership based on strategic, competitive, and business driven criteria, and driving alignment with internal development teams to successfully plan and drive technical maturation into end products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyzes, architect, develops and designs software for the organization’s products and systems.
Architecture for complete end to end solutions. This is from initial concepts / requirements / development through product ship acceptance.
- The successful candidate has broad technical domain understanding, collaborator and well versed in all aspects of product development.
- A strong technical background in embedded systems and development methodologies is required.
- The candidate will also be required to communicate and present status and other updates related to the project to senior level management at various forums.
- The role requires the candidate to manage activities in local and remote design centers
- The candidate must be self-motivated, quality driven, collaborator, customer focused, problem solver with good written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Qualified Skills
- iOS experience is a must, Android and Linux is a plus
- Engineering background and/or technical knowledge in audio, wearable sensors, low power microprocessor, peripheral drivers and wireless connectivity solutions.
- Knowledge in smartphone architecture design and product development
- Ability to work in varying strategic and technical situations and be comfortable discussing both high-level requirements and implementation details.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with key work partners
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with multi-discipline, cross-cultural teams
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills is a must
- 5+ years in software or system integration is desired
- Bachelor's Degree required (Computer Engineering or related degree); Master's degree a plus
- Minimum 3+ years applicable experience in embedded software development and iOS
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.