The Role You Would Fill
- Help design and detail new features and infrastructure for state-of-the-art projects
- Work with software development teams to identify ways to refine, refactor and optimize our existing architecture
- Work with multiple teams and our Product Managers to implement new features in a number of technologies and languages.
- You will experiment, evaluate, and recommend new technologies and new approaches that are appropriate for our business needs
- Develop standards for code quality, practices, and architecture
- Help mentor junior developers and raise the overall quality of our team via code review, design reviews, and teamwork
- 10 years of experience in professional software development, leadership, and/or management roles
- Experience with Python, PHP or Node (the more the merrier)
- Proficiency with Linux and very comfortable with the command line and command line tools
- Extensive experience with AWS as a development and production environment, preferably including migrating services from data centers to AWS and serverless architectures
- Experience with automated infrastructure provisioning with tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, and Serverless
- Experience with a variety of databases including relational (preferably MySQL) and NoSQL platforms (Redis and Mongo are OK, Elastic is ideal) in production environments
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Experience working with asynchronous data processing
- Experience crafting and implementing APIs in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with security standards (OWASP)
- Experience with agile development methodologies, with a lower case “a” (we use scrum and kanban)
- Cloud-native and micro-services architecture
- Familiarity with GraphQL and Apollo, with production experience a plus
- Experience with React
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing and delivering software in high volume, low latency environments
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.