The Software Asset Management Lead is responsible for developing and implementing a complete program of Software Asset Management for Ensono. Reporting to the head of global supply-chain management the SW Asset Mgt Lead will work with stakeholders in Operations, Finance, office of the CIO, Legal and others to maintain and report on a comprehensive SW Asset Management function encompassing both processes and tooling. This will include establishing an effective technology asset life cycle that spans from software asset selection, installation, updates, all the way through the retirement and disposal or redeployment of the assets. The SW Asset Management is responsible for the governance of this life cycle and reporting data that is captured throughout the life cycle to improve the management of assets within the organization. The expectation is that Ensono always have an accurate account of software asset life cycle costs and risks to maximize the business value of technology strategy, architecture, funding, contractual and sourcing decisions. Paramount is ensuring that Ensono conform to the highest standards of software license compliance and similarly have robust audit defense ready at all times. The SW Asset Management Lead will supervise a small functional team. The SW Asset Manager will be responsible for implementation and operational budget, talent management, and measurements related to completeness and accuracy of the Software Asset Management Inventory
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operate as a company “subject matter expert” and "thought leader" for SW asset management policy issues and contributes to policy discussions for the industry.
2. Define, maintain, and update policies, procedures and work instructions for effective IT asset life cycle management (acquisition, deployment, utilization, decommissioning, reallocation and disposal) of IT assets.
3. Manage the maintenance of records and databases containing information regarding assets, licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's software.
4. Define metrics, gather data, and report effectiveness of IT asset management processes.
5. Develop and maintain audit processes to ensure inventory accuracy
6. Identify and act on process improvement & automation opportunities.
7. Monitor and measure IT Asset Management activities in attainment of established Service and Operational Level Agreements.
8. Act as a liaison with other departments as necessary to coordinate IT Asset Management activities.
9. Research industry best practices and compare against Ensono’s practices in order to establish benchmarks for managing SW assets.
10. Perform inventories, audits and usage monitoring of all SW assets and present findings to management for action.
11. Serve a critical liaise function between the ITAM policy/process disciplines and technical teams to ensure the successful integration & implementation of new applications (both client & Ensono internal), third-party ticketing systems and ERP system as necessary, in order to maintain the accuracy and integrity of ITAM data and change-management processes.
· Detailed knowledge of IT asset management and understands the competitive landscape from both a business and technical perspective.
· Ten (10) years of progressive experience in IT sourcing or asset management, IT service management, information technology, management engineering, training, project management, or other IT management experience.
· Excellent ability to manage multiple competing priorities and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
· Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail Required to acknowledge, respond, and fulfill customer requests in a timely manner
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, task and project management, and organizational skills
· Bachelor’s degree in an information-technology or accounting-related field or equivalent work experience.
· Software licensing background from either a vendor or enterprise customer role
· Certification as a Software Asset Manager (CITAM, CSAM, etc.) by a recognized organization.
· Experience using ServiceNow SAM Pro or similar tool (SNOW, Flexera, etc.)
· ITIL V3 Foundation certification and experience in an ITSM discipline
· Proficient in Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel, Access, and Visio.
· Working knowledge of IT asset types/models and uses.
· Knowledge of Hardware and Software discovery tools and methods.
· Experience in system implementations and support and the administration of asset management database applications (such as CA APM, Service Now, BMC)
· Solid track record of proactively initiating asset management process improvements; and proactive engagements with all levels of a large IT enterprise business.