mRelief is a tech nonprofit that provides an easy-to-use platform through web, text messaging and voice that helps people sign up for the SNAP (food stamps) program. Our mission is to transform access to social services for the inherent dignity of all people. To date we have helped more than 900,000 families connect to social services and unlocked over $300 million in food stamp benefits.
mRelief has been backed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Y Combinator, the Knight Foundation, New Media Ventures Fund, Unorthodox Philanthropy and the Stupski Foundation. Our clients include the Catholic Charities, Share our Strength and the National Domestic Workers Alliance.
We are looking for two outstanding Ruby on Rails and React developers to join our team and help transform access to social services. This is a full-time position located in Chicago.
As soon as you start at mRelief, you will play a critical role in building an affirming process for families to sign up for food stamps. Our product team is composed of 2 software developers and one product designer, and we are looking for 2 new software developers with a strong background in Rails to help us submit SNAP application data to new states.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Postgres
- Experience with test-driven development
- Deep passion for mRelief’s work and civic technology
- Willingness and eagerness to work on transformative technology in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of mission and value alignment with mRelief
- Ability to collaborate and pair-program effectively
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- We pay 100% of Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO plan. That premium amount can also be applied to two other PPO plans.
- We pay for professional development opportunities to foster a culture of learning
- We match 100% of 401K contributions up to 3% and 50% up to 6%.