Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about automated testing and takes pride in the quality of their work. If you are detail oriented, performance drive, and possess a deep knowledge of all aspects of automated testing – than this is the role for you. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Software Development Engineer in Test is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the products have adequate automated testing coverage and the deepest level of validation, while in compliance with the SDLC and QA processes. You will work closely with the developers and tech support engineers within a dynamic agile environment to deliver effective and efficient testing automation frameworks and capabilities, while adhering to quality standards.
- Learn the products at a business, operational and technical level.
- Participate in designing and developing testing automation framework/tools that can support component-level testing automation for new functionalities, and a full-blown regression testing suite for system-level end to end services and Web UI.
- Continuously improve automated testing methodologies enable testers to maximize test coverage of the full depth of enterprise products.
- Execute automated testing scripts and generate testing result report.
- Based on automated testing result report, work with QA test lead and Developers to ensure all functionalities have been tested, defects have been identified and documented, impacts have been assessed, and resolutions provided.
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously learn
- Strong desire to build products that will have a daily impact on one of the World’s largest industries
- Play an influential role in growing project44 to the industry leader in technology
Requirements and Preferred Skills
- 4+ years of QA experience in automation for products or systems on Windows and Linux environments
- 3+ years’ experience with automation framework development.
- 2+ years' experience in testing REST APIs.
- Proven experience in setting up the Automation Framework for UI.
- Strong programming skills in Java.
- Familiarity with SOAPUI tool.
- Familiarity with Groovy or similar languages.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment environments and how to ensure quality within such environments.
- Knowledge of the QA process, and testing disciplines and methodologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience working with distributed version control systems such as Git.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Nice to have Performance Testing experience, Jenkins workflow, Microservice Testing.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States