SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST at Cat Digital
The Digital Application QA automation engineer is responsible for both application quality and performance. The responsibilities include one or more of the following:
1. Performing in-sprint functional acceptance automation using the relevant tools and frameworks by collaborating with the development and product teams.
2. Development and implementation of stress and parallel tests for non-functional requirements.
3. Design and Development of custom testing framework for better control of execution and overall management (selection, logging, reporting ...etc.).
4. Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
5. Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
6. Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
· Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
· One year or more of software development experience or a master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with functional testing automation with tools & technologies such as Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG and Java
- 2+ years of experience in parallel and performance testing using tools such as Selenium Grid or Browser Stack, LoadRunner or JMeter and AppDynamics
- 1+ years of experience API testing automation using Rest Assured or Karate DSL or Soup UI and Postman
- 2+ years of experience agile Scrum and CI/CD
Top candidates will also have:
· Proven experience in some of the following,
o Develops and maintains Functional & Integration Test automations suites
o Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
o Strong experience with OO programming and concepts.
· Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following,
o Develops and maintains performance testing using tools such as Selenium Grid or Browser Stack, LoadRunner or JMeter and AppDynamics
o Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles and performance analysis
o Working knowledge of Selenium, JS, Java, Python is preferred
o Test driven development and behavior driven development.
· Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
This position has been evaluated using Hay Standard Process and has taken into consideration the organizational structure and reporting relationship. Any deviation from the information above may impact the evaluation of this position.