About the role:
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll be a key member of a development team, building and reviewing automated tests and automated test strategies to ensure fast, efficient software delivery. You will be expected to have a basic understanding of standard testing and coding best practices. With the help of your team, you’ll write maintainable, readable, and intention revealing code for testing and features.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Engineering teams to develop technical and domain expertise, apply it to solve testing challenges across the teams.
- Participate in design, code and test case reviews and provide feedback to improve testability of our systems, as well as quality of our code and tests.
- Research, implement and improve testing tools and processes for our products and teams.
- Analyze defects and gaps in quality to determine how to improve our development process.
- Define and refine test strategies and test plans for new and existing features.
- Troubleshoot and debug code with minimal direction.
We're excited about you if you have:
- 2+ years of experience with any programming language - we welcome engineers from various technical backgrounds.
- Experience testing APIs, both manually and programmatically.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Project management skills and the ability to estimate scope, break down problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical team members about progress, challenges, or new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with developer centric testing and monitoring tools such as DataDog, Splunk, Grafana etc.
- Testing experience in scalability, performance, or security.
About Software Engineering:
Our Software Engineering team is one of the largest in Chicago. We put the “Tech” in FinTech and are accountable for developing top notch products for our customers. We are structured into full-stack Agile teams, each aligned to core business lines and services, but no team is a silo. Our collaborative environment promotes continuous learning and innovation across all groups.
We primarily code in Ruby and Go. Not Familiar? No problem! We want engineers from diverse backgrounds and have created a self-paced training program to get you up to speed during your first few weeks with us. Beyond this, our teams organize hackathons and tech talks for additional learning, monthly town halls to keep everyone ‘in the know,' affinity and advocacy groups, and even a tech pumpkin carving contest!
Our business is growing and we need smart, curious, passionate folks from all backgrounds to help us build the technology that makes us successful. This is where you come in! Are you ready to grow with us?
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.