ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer to work closely with our Android, iOS, and front end team to enable exciting new products. This is an opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
What your day could consist of:
- Work closely with our iOS and Android teams to build and improve the ActiveCampaign API to build new features and capabilities
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Contribute to code reviews
What is needed:
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years experience with an object oriented language (PHP, Ruby, Java, Python, etc.) and a relational database. PHP experience is a plus
- Experience interacting with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (i.e., Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, RoR)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus (i.e., Doctrine, Eloquent, ActiveRecord, Flask/Django)
- Experience and opinions on software testing a plus
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description