Software Engineer, Backend (Disbursements) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Disbursements engineering team is at the core of the Affirm business, responsible for the on-time and reliable delivery of every dollar to our merchant partners for their sales on our platform. We do this through robust, fault tolerant, and highly scalable systems that stand up to the big data and reliability needs of the business. We are a backend team that focuses on building services, pipelines, and APIs within the Capital Engineering organization of the company.
What you'll do
- Plan, design, and build our critical backend software and systems to scale with growing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and new engineers
- Architect and build the next version of our data-processing pipeline
- Analyze/debug performance issues across distributed services
- Review other’s code and provide constructive feedback.
What we look for
- Hardworking: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and proficiency of object oriented languages. We primarily use Kotlin, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and owners
- Low Ego: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Experienced: Background building large scale back end financial systems or experience in related industries is a plus.