Software Engineer, Backend at Oak Street Health
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:41 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Software Engineer, Backend
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly . We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more -- all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We're looking forward to getting to know you!
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
Our product suite known as Canopy, is a transformative clinical operations and population health platform for value-based primary care. Coupling a high-performance tech platform with machine learning-driven analytics, Canopy enables our clinical and service teams to provide excellent care to every single patient. From facilitating the delivery of a visit in our centers to supporting patients that have been admitted to a hospital, there is not a point in the patient journey that Canopy does not touch. At Oak Street Health, you will be influential in the development of innovative products that do more than just building scalable services. Everything you do will have an immediate impact on the health and wellbeing of our patients.
As a Software Engineer, you will have an impactful contribution in the delivery of a new kind of platform for healthcare, one built specifically for the clinical team. From design to implementation, you will partner with our stellar engineering, product, and design teams in a fast-paced, agile environment to transform ideas into a reality. Utilizing modern methodologies and open source tools, you will be empowered to push the boundaries of development as we seek to deliver applications that will directly and immediately impact the experience of our teams and our patients.
There is no better time to join our rapidly growing team at Oak Street Health. We can't think of a mission any more motivating; and, with your help, we can drive change in healthcare for the patients that need us most.
- Contribute in all aspects of SDLC process( SCRUM, Design, Code, Test, Deploy & Maintain)
- Design and build highly available, scalable and responsive services/API's using our tech stack
- Collaborate with Product, UX and other Engineering teams
- Collaborate with Platform team following Architecture best practices for scalability and reliability
- Contribute to code review process to improve code quality
- Mentor Engineers
- Implement SecDevops best practices
What we're looking for
We're looking for a motivated Engineer with:
- Bachelors in CS or 5 years experience in Software Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience building consumer-facing products using any SPA frameworks (Angular/React/Vue) and .NET core backend
- Experience working in a distributed, cloud-based environment either in Azure/AWS using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with unit & automated testing frameworks (cypress-preferred)
- Experience in building cloud native scalable microservices
- Experience working in an Agile/Devops environment
- Functional and/or reactive programming concepts using F#,Scala or Elixir- Preferred
- Familiarity with our Tech Stack - Rx.Net, .NET core, Azure Devops, Cypress.io, Kubernetes, Kafka, MongoDB, gRPC - Preferred
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
What does being "Oaky" look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.