Software Engineer, Credit Underwriting at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Consumer Credit Decisioning team, responsible for building backend systems that drive consumer credit and pricing decisions in all of Affirm’s products. The team partners closely with Product, Credit, and other engineering teams to deliver honest and transparent financial products that help consumers make their purchasing decisions. As we scale the company to be a cornerstone of all e-commerce and offline retail, it is an exciting time to join the team which sits at the core of this mission.What You’ll Do
- Drive feature definition and support the TL with the design and delivery of a project
- Proactively raise any issues or improvement opportunities in our product, technology, or business processes and contribute ideas to deliver them.
- Decompose the project into individual tasks, deliver the project in multiple phases, provide continued support, and delegate to others when necessary.
- Provides clear, concise updates on their tasks to all the appropriate stakeholders
- Provide input into product planning, codebase, infrastructure, team goals, and roadmap.
- Provide effective on-call support and handle triage for the team.
- Document work in one-pagers, feature specifications, and wiki articles.
- Build teams by mentoring other engineers, informing and influencing hiring decisions, and building an inclusive team environment
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer with project leadership responsibilities
- 3-5+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Strong System Design experience
- Experience reviewing tech specs
- Experience with Microservices, service oriented architecture, and event-driven architecture
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- Prior experience building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A leader, team builder, and mentor
- Fintech background preferred
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.