Software Engineer (Data) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The vision for the Data Affirm team is to enable a culture that empowers everyone by the use of actionable, reliable, and readily available data when building a product or making a decision. Our team is responsible for frameworks for all things data including OLAP storage, data replication, stream processing, data modeling, data exploration, data visualization, etc. Affirm is growing rapidly and so is the need for reliable and high availability frameworks. If solving infrastructure challenges at scale excites you, come join us!What you’ll do
- Design and build data warehouse systems, services, and tools to handle new Affirm products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of users and their transactions.
- Build frameworks and services which will be used by other engineering teams at Affirm to manage billions of dollars in loans and power customer experiences.
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of our core systems.
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering and analytics teams to identify and execute new opportunities in data infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience building and owning large-scale data warehouses.
- Working knowledge of Snowflake or: Redshift, Oracle DB Cloud, Teradata, Microsoft Azure SQL Warehouse, Databrick.
- Working knowledge of Python/Kotlin/Java.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers.
- Eager to learn new things and have a growth mindset.
- Experience working in the data warehouse platform domain is a plus.
- Working knowledge of OLAP systems like Snowflake or Redshift is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field or equivalent experience.
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 13,667 - 16,175 PLN
- New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 100,000 zloty as a sign-on bonus
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food, lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.