Are you passionate about making a difference in the well-being of fellow humans?
Are you passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - containerized applications running on GCP managed services - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have experience building CLI tools with great UX
- You want to be part of a team that has an outsize effect on the organization
- You have built and deployed containerized applications and services
- You enjoy automating manual tasks, but also question the task itself for the right solution
- You have worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields
Bonus points for:
- Experience with one of the many infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform (our favorite), Docker, Ansible, Salt, Packer, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, or similar
- An interest in advocating for a positive developer experience
- An interest in learning new programming languages and frameworks
- A background in software development with excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and securing infrastructure to standards or compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO
Responsibilities for the Position:
- Works on the Developer Tools team
- Builds automation across various systems such as AWS, ServiceNow, Okta, and internal applications in a polyglot environment (currently Golang, Ruby, Python and Rust)
- Closely partner with development teams and business stakeholders to learn about their use-cases and technological needs, distilling their requirements into high-leverage building blocks
- Identify gaps and drive cross-functional efforts to build tools that empower fellow engineers
- Use your experience, deep technical knowledge, and creativity to simplify development and infrastructure provisioning workflows
- Proactively and continuously learn about new and relevant technologies
- Use your knowledge to influence other developers and advocate for best practices
- Support your users either in-person or via Slack
- Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
- We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.