Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs ― full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end microservices and APIs, database and DevOps pipeline development.
- Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Works in an autonomous team to develop, innovate and support cutting edge applications
- Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to production within the agile team.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Design and implement solutions that address scalability, security, availability, and operational excellence
- Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-CS Bachelor’s degree
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Experience in messaging systems like Rabbit MQ, and Kafka.
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Java / J2EE
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot)
- JSON processing and validation
- Data / Cache Technologies: ELK stack(Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Gemfire, Oracle, Maria, AWS RDS
- AngularJS, node.js
- CI with Jenkins or similar: GitHub, Gradle, Nexus, Ansible, Chef
- Cloud/PaaS Architecture: Cloud Foundry, VM, AWS, OCP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.