Software Engineer - Full Stack
Foxtrot is the next generation corner store – we curate your city’s best craft beer, wine, spirits, fresh eats, gifts and everyday essentials – and deliver it all to your door in 60 minutes via our neighborhood shops.
With a swift mobile app and web store paired with beautifully designed retail shops, we are building an exciting brand that is both digitally native and rooted in a highly engaging retail experience.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate five retail stores in Chicago along with a booming online business, and are setting the stage for a major expansion in 2018.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing technology team and help propel the company into the next stage of growth and beyond. You’ll be working directly with the CTO on a variety of projects to support both the consumer-facing apps as well as infrastructure to support the operational aspects of the business.
- Work with the engineering team to design, build and deploy a variety of systems
- Collaborate with our operations team to build systems to improve efficiencies in order management, inventory management, and delivery logistics
- Opportunity to develop across platforms - from native mobile apps to backend services, there is plenty of room to work on what interests you
- Build tools to help bridge the offline / online nature of Foxtrot’s business
- Keep up to date with the latest tools and technology to help our team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 4+ years relevant software engineering experience
- Background in multiple programming languages preferred
- Experience with:
- Python / Django (or other major web framework)
- AWS or other cloud service provider
- RESTful web services design and implementation
- Supporting MySQL in production
- Development in *NIX environments
- React & React Native a plus