Software Engineer II at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Software Engineer
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Software Engineer II to help us continue on our journey.
We’re looking for this person to join us in our Chicago office, while working remotely with the ability to return to the local office when permitted.
How you'll help
As a Software Engineer in the Core Engineering team, you’ll spend your days designing and building performant, reliable, and maintainable features for our flagship product. You’ll solve impactful business problems and make sure they stay solved by writing tests.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 2+ years of experience
- An understanding of how to build and maintain web applications with a modern frontend framework (like React + Redux), as well as a modern backend framework (like Ruby on Rails)
- Committed to testing their code as a part of writing it
- The ability to build performant, reliable, and maintainable code
- A passion for code quality and strong problem solver
- An excellent giver and receiver of constructive code review feedback
- Solid software engineering fundamentals
- Horrified at the thought of working without Source Control
- Experienced with a relational database (ORMs are great, experience writing raw SQL is even better)
- Experienced developing software with Git (familiarity with git-flow would be another bonus)
- Docker and DevOps skills (not required, but definitely a plus)
This role may have access to regulated data and will require secure development lifecycle (SDLC) training.
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Nimble Learning
- Action Oriented
- Drives Results
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!