Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks. We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Our technology product teams are building software that connect our customers to their dinner plans. Some of our product teams are focused on the customer journey, some are focused on enabling our internal innovation process, while others are focused on helping us effectively ship our meals to our customers. You would be building new features to enhance our customer experience on our CX team. To accomplish this, we believe in building well rounded, diverse teams. In doing so, we create a great place to work, while shipping an impactful product.
Writing code and handling tickets:
- Communicating about the trade-offs of various technical approaches and solutions
- Backend development, design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Ship reliable, scalable, efficient code
Paired programming and collaborating with others:
- Provide insight to junior engineers to guide their programming
- Influence the road map and product development of Home Chef tools
- Completes pull request reviews and providing feedback to team
- Participates in sprints, IPMs, Retros, and other meetings to help with product roadmap planning
- Interviewing potential software engineers
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 1+ year(s) experience shipping production code
- Have built and shipped at least one major feature in Ruby on Rails
- Must be comfortable working with version control such as GitHub
- Must be well-versed in at least one professional code editor (Atom, Sublime, VS Code, Vim, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working with tools like Slack and G Suite
- Some advanced SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Heroku a plus
- Experience with React Native a plus
- Up to one year of post-high school training such as in a business school, community college or vocational training
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here