Software Engineer (Java)
PowerReviews creates software that drives traffic, increases sales, and provides actionable insights for more than 1,000 brands and retailers on over 5,000 websites. Our platform serves as an essential resource for consumers throughout their purchase journey. Our syndication network reaches more than 500 million in-market shoppers each month through an unrivaled solution suite. PowerReviews is on a mission to create a smarter path to purchase.
As a member of the PowerReviews development team, you will design and develop software to achieve high performance, usability and stability within the context of our extensive product platform. Our platform is responsible for gathering, moderating, and publishing of user generated content for our customers’ websites. Our highest application API volumes exceed 400K requests per minute all while exceeding 99.99% uptime SLA’s.
Our Tech Stack
Our technology stack is constantly evolving and our engineers are always looking to adopt new but relevant trends. We use open source software and AWS almost exclusively.
Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.js
Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Linux
Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI, Sumologic, Datadog
- Take ownership of projects and collaborate with stakeholders to develop robust, multi-tiered web applications.
- Collaborate with front-end, QA, product, devops and UX teammates in an agile development environment.
- Add new features and maintain an existing codebase while learning a variety of technologies and working in the AWS ecosystem.
- Promote high quality code with thoughtful design, unit testing and automated functional testing.
- Proactively identify improvements within our infrastructure, production operations, and code base.
- Deep understanding of Java development, database modeling and design, and scalable web architectures.
- Professional experience with Java technologies and tools such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, SQL, Hibernate/JPA, Maven, and IntelliJ/Eclipse.
- Experience developing REST API's
- Comfortable working with Git and Linux
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Open office environment and casual dress code
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work from home policies
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Company lunches provided weekly; snacks always available
- On-tap wine, beer, kombucha, iced coffee and cold brew
- Rooftop, gym, and office events
- Sports leagues and ping-pong tournaments
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.