Software Engineer - Open to Remote Applicants
Our Digital team at OneMain has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a cooperative and inclusive environment with people who value hard work and fresh ideas. If a team member here has an idea for how we can improve our tech stack or methodologies, we want to hear it. We are open to a candidate working out of our Chicago office or remotely for this position.
We are looking for a Software Engineer. You'll work as part of a full-stack agile development team to design and implement web applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
What you will do
- Design and implement our API endpoints and customer-facing web applications.
- Write automated tests and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Assist with verifying the features you developed are working successfully in production. We do multiple daily releases whenever features are ready.
Skills and experience you’ll need
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience developing web applications with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with concurrent, service-oriented, and object-oriented programming
- Experience with building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of SQL optimization as well as schema and database design, especially as it relates to PostgreSQL
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in Financial Services industry
- Experience working in a nimble and agile environment
- Worked with a TDD workflow