Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to join us and help?
- Use your mad engineering skills to create some good in this world?
- Want to be the backbone of a high output team?
- Take pride in delivering high-quality code? You know, the type that doesn't have to be rewritten in a year or maybe ever?
- Want to finish your workday both exhausted by the pace of progress yet energized by all the new stuff you get to build?
- Keep pressing for more information until you understand the full picture so you can deliver something functional for your team and elegant for users?
- Work every day in every day with an honest, excited, transparent, and (appropriately) vulnerable team?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's be real: This job isn't for everyone.
- We're driven by our mission to do good and our teammates.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- There is not a lot of BS here - we help out, strive to learn and do better than last time, actively look for coaching and teachable moments - and we get our jobs done.
- Mistakes are forgivable, but inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business; we must grow our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one a heck of an engineer too. Is that you?
Let's define "heck of an engineer":
- Responsible for server-side API development using cloud architecture patterns
- Developing microservices using .NET core.
- 6+ months AWS Infrastructure experience - focus on API Gateway, EC2, ELB, RDS, and PostgreSQL.
- Develop custom software solutions within a .NET environment (or other server-side web application frameworks)
- Writing application and database code based on business requirements, user stories, architectural requirements, and established coding standards
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
ShoppingGives has a few software engineers roles open. Which one is for you?
- Jr Software Engineers have <1 year experience or applicable degree
- Software Engineers (this role) have about 2 or 3 years working experience as a software engineer and have a history of developing solutions within .NET core and/or microservices
- Sr Software Engineers have 5+ years experience and are driven to mentor and coach teammates
Check out our Job Board for the other roles if they are a better fit.
Deliver quality features on time while adhering to the highest development standards.
Create impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. Mostly on Shopify. But also on Salesforce Cloud Commerce, Big Commerce, etc.
What you bring to the team.
- Ability to develop server-side API’s
- Ability to work with integrity, security and operation of AWS, Postgres or other SQL based database languages
- Ability to participate in sprint planning and meet sprint commitments
- High-Skills to develop custom software solutions within a .NET
- High-Skills to write application and database code based on business requirements, user stories, architectural requirements, and established coding standards
- A dedication to development processes and best practices
- Ability to Manage and maintain Git Repositories
- Ability to assist Architect / Principal Engineer on any Development tasks requested to propel business goals forward.
- Passion for learning and self-development to grow both professionally and personally
- Passion to establish OKRs for self & contributing to greater team OKRs
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.