Software Engineer at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of Alliant's Originations and Decisioning Platform in a highly collaborative and inclusive agile team. Work involves moderate difficulty while working on multiple and complex high visibility features concurrently. Resources to do the job require foundational technical knowledge of full stack solution development utilizing .NET/Web technologies, structured programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. Responsibilities are focused on applying industry standard software engineering practices to all aspects of software development lifecycle and delivering high quality results. General direction is received from the Manager of Software Engineering.
Do you see yourself doing this?
.NET/Web Application Development
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain web application solutions collaborating with and across Agile teams using full stack software development tools and technologies.
- Design, Develop and Implement RESTful microservices and cloud ready web application solutions.
- Analyze business needs and develop software solutions for external and internal customers utilizing cutting edge web technologies with the aim of optimizing member experience and operational efficiency partnering with senior/principal engineers, architects and scrum team members.
- Analyze and design application database solutions, collaborating database development efforts across organization.
- Responsible for full life cycle development of web-based applications including design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to moderately complex software applications and subsystems.
- Conduct detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolve problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
- Participate in peer code reviews and learn/apply best practices partnering with senior engineers and architect.
- Work on multiple highly visible projects and/or features concurrently following SAFe agile team practices and own them end to end.
- Utilize effective Agile management techniques in grooming, planning, estimating, and completing assignments collaborating with team members.
- Work with the Service Desk and/or Application Reliability Support Engineers to troubleshoot complex problems and member service issues, if/when needed.
- Identify and implement solutions to complex issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You'll be a great fit if you have a completion of a Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field, and you have:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in web-based application development using .NET framework or other similar technologies.
- Experience or Knowledge in the following or similar:
- Application Layer Technologies: .NET framework, .NET Core, NUnit, ADO.NET, C#, , ASP.NET, Entity Framework, WCF, ASMX, SOAP, XSLT, XML, WSDL, REST based API
- Database Layer Technologies: SSIS, MS SQL, Stored Procedures, Views, SQL dacpac
- Software Development Methodology: Agile development methodology, Technical Designs, Business requirement gathering, Multi-tier applications with thorough knowledge and experience in each layer
- Content Management and Source Control: SharePoint and Azure DevOps, Git
- Testing Technologies: Automated E2E API Testing using nUnit, xUnit or similar, Web Application security testing using OWASP
- Experience with Developing in Azure Cloud is plus
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration, and code review practice is strongly desired
- Engagement and collaboration skills and ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Experience with object-oriented programming and design concepts
- Ability to have ownership and autonomy to work on tasks and be pro-active in managing them end to end
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment
When you're happy, we're happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you'll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
Still not convinced?
For more details you can also visit our Glassdoor and LinkedIn profiles.