ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user database. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
What Your Day Could Consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build and improve the ActiveCampaign platform, and collaborate with the team to design and build new features and capabilities
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Contribute to code reviews
What Is Needed:
- 3+ years experience with an object oriented language (PHP, Ruby, Java, Python, etc.) and a relational database. PHP experience is a plus
- Experience interacting with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (i.e., Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, RoR)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus (i.e., Doctrine, Eloquent, ActiveRecord, Flask/Django)
- Experience writing automated tests
- Care about the end user experience
- Excellent communication skills
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open vacation plan, generous 401(k) matching, free lunch and endless snacks and beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description